Last updated: 22 January 2021
The specific categories of information we collect include:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”). When you set up a FloodLAMP account, we collect what is generally called “personally identifiable information” or “PII”, which is information that specifically identifies you as an individual. Examples of PII we collect may include your name, email address, and phone number. We may also collect information such as date of birth that is considered PII because it can identify a specific individual when linked to other information.
How We Use This Information
In general, we use the information that we collect to provide the Services you request, to help improve our services and client experiences, and in some cases, to help advance research and science. Specifically, we may use the information as follows:
- To provide the Services. For example, to set up your FloodLAMP account, intake your sample collection kit, and analyze your sample to produce the Results. We may also use the information to conduct general business operations such as recordkeeping and audits.
- To communicate with you. We may use your contact information to verify your identity or to communicate with you about the Service — for example, to notify you when non diagnostic results are ready, remind you about returning your kit, respond to your inquiries, connect you with FloodLAMP Support personnel, follow up if there is an issue with your information or sample, and provide information about or request feedback on your Results. We may also contact you to request optional customer feedback which could be used to improve our services. We’ll only associate your feedback with your name with your consent. To learn how you may opt out of marketing surveys, please read “Your Choices” below. If you’re a resident of the European Union (“EU”), we will only send you marketing surveys if you’ve opted in to receive such messages from FloodLAMP. If you’re an EU resident and you didn’t opt in but you’re receiving such messages anyway, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can promptly correct your preferences in our systems.
- To help us improve the Service and develop new assays and services. For example, if set forth in the Informed Consent applicable to the Test you are taking, your information, sample (until such time your sample is destroyed), and all sequence data may be de-identified and used to support our laboratory operations with internal quality control, laboratory validation studies, and internal research and development, and perform data analysis. We may also use your information to understand how our Services are being used, understand our user base, and develop new products and services.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we may send you monthly surveillance newsletters, occasional product updates, and special offers and opportunities that we think might interest you. To learn about how you may opt out of marketing emails, please read “Your Choices” below. If you’re a resident of the EU, we will only send you marketing emails if you’ve opted in. If you’re an EU resident and you didn’t opt in, but you’re receiving marketing communications anyway, please contact us at email@example.com so we can promptly correct your preferences in our systems.
- To let you know about new services or research opportunities. For example, we may contact you to offer new FloodLAMP services or to let you know about special offers. We may also let you know about optional opportunities to participate in research we are conducting.
- To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- To comply with applicable law and our own obligations. We may also process the information we collect about you or from you for the following purposes: (i) to enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights, including intellectual property rights; (ii) as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and (iii) to comply with industry standards or our policies.
How We Protect Your Information
We use physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your information. All information on our servers is encrypted when it is at rest or in transit.
We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store in connection with the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you choose to share PII with us via the internet or wireless connection (for example, via email messages), you do so at your own risk.
Please do not use or access any part of the Site or the Service if you are under 16 years of age. If you’re a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 has obtained an account on the Site, please alert us promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take action to prevent access.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used.
- Personal Identifiers:
We collect your name, phone number, and email address when you create an account or complete a transaction. We use this information to provide the Services and respond to your requests.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under applicable law, rule, order, or regulation why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information by emailing your request to email@example.com.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.