FloodLAMP Pooled Swab Collection Kits
For use with the FLoodLAMP Mobile App
For research use only. Not for diagnostic use.
FloodLAMP supports pooled testing of multiple people at the same time (up to 4 swabs per tube).
Each collection will have a Sponsor who is responsible for overseeing the collection process and returning their pool’s samples. Sponsors need to use the FloodLAMP app to complete the collection process by scanning the tube and listing the names of everyone in the pool. If you do not know who your pool’s Sponsor is, check with your program administrator.
* During the collection, maintain a safe distance from others if they are not in your household.
Set up your account:
- You should have received a text or email message from FloodLAMP Biotechnologies.
- Click the “Welcome” link inside the message, which will take you to a page to set your account password.
- Once your password is set, you can use the FloodLAMP app.
- If you don’t see this message, please search your spam folder for “FloodLAMP.”
- If you still don’t find it or get an error, please contact your organization or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the app:
- Download the FloodLAMP app from either the Apple or Google app stores.
- Launch the app and sign in with your email address and chosen password.
- The first time you launch the app, you will be prompted to sign the consent form.
- Sign this and you are ready to start!
1. Begin collection
- Sponsors: Tap the “Collect” button from the app home screen. Follow the instructions in the “Collect your samples” screen, which are listed here below.
- Participants: Follow the swabbing instructions listed below in coordination with your group’s sponsor.
Wash and dry your hands before collecting your sample, or use hand sanitizer.
3. Open the kit
Sponsors: Open your kit and distribute swabs to each participant who will be adding samples to the tube.
4. Open swab packs
Each participant should open their swab pack. Be careful not to touch the absorbent end with your hands.
5. Swab the first nostril
Each participant should insert the swab tip into their first nostril until the absorbent end is no longer visible. Swab the sides of the nostril in a circular motion 4 times. Make sure to twist the swab as you go.
6. Swab the other nostril
Each participant should repeat the previous steps with the same swab in the second nostril.
7. Put swabs in tube
- Each participant should snap off the end of the swab at the break point. Be careful not to touch the absorbent end with your hands.
- Drop the shortened swab into the barcoded tube.
8. Cap tube
Sponsors: Once each participant has added their swab, securely tighten the cap onto the tube. Tap “Next” at the bottom of the “Collect your samples” screen.
9. Scan tube
Sponsors: On the “Scan” screen, capture the code on the side of the collection tube. Tap “Next” to continue.
10. Add participants
- Sponsors: On the “Add Participants” screen, add the names of the pool participants (including the Sponsor if they swabbed) by searching for their names or FloodLAMP registered email addresses. You can add up to 4 swabs in each tube. Participating minors will be registered under their guardian’s account.
- If you have trouble locating a participant in the system, add their name in the “Collection Notes” field and make sure they sign a consent form.
11. Put the tube in the biohazard bag
Securely close the zippered bag, then thoroughly wash or sanitize your hands.
12. Return the biohazard bag
- By collection point: If your kit does not include a return mailer, bring your biohazard bag to the collection point designated by your program administrator.
- By mail: If your kit includes a return mailer, seal the biohazard bag in the return mailer. This packaging is specially designed for carrying samples suspected of carrying infectious substances. Do NOT replace it.
- Note: Your return shipping has already been paid.
13. Register your return
Sponsors: Tap the “Return” button from the app home screen.
Contact email@example.com or select “Support” from the FloodLAMP app menu.